I LOVE bread and cakes using vegetables, Carrot Cake is one of my favourites, so, if like me you are looking for alternative ways to encourage your children to eat vegetables, why not try Zucchini Bread!
Makes 1 loaf
1 Zucchini (large)
115 grams Wholemeal spelt flour
60 grams Whole wheat flour
2 Tbsps Almond meal
2 Tbsps Coconut cream
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
85 grams Applesauce
30 grams Walnuts — finely chopped
1 large egg
225 grams Crushed pineapple
- Lightly grease a large loaf tin and preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Finely grate Zucchini, let drain while you combine dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, almond meal, baking soda, salt, and nuts. Set aside.
- In blender, puree on high speed the applesauce, egg, coconut cream, and pineapple with juice. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, fold together gentle until well combined. Squeeze out the zucchini <should be 1/2 cup> and discard any liquid. Add to batter, and fold through.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 70 minutes at 180 C or until browned and inserted cake tester comes out clean
- Remove bread from pan, cool to room temperature.
Perfect for lunch or maybe grab a slice for breakfast, if you don’t have time to wait, check out ten big family breakfasts in less than 2o minutes.