If you are looking for the perfect start to the day, and you have a little longer than 20 minutes,the Breakfast casserole is perfect to start the day, if you are short of time check out big family breakfasts in less than 20 minutes
Awesome Breakfast Casserole – Serves 12
1 Kg Washed/Brushed Potato
2 Tbsp Coconut oil
4 Garlic cloves
1 Kg Diced Bacon
500 ml Cream
400 grams Grated Cheese
60 grams Fresh Spinach Leaves
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grate the potatoes (you can leave the skin on, just ensure all the dirt is removed). Squeeze out any excess water using a clean tea towel or muslin cloth. Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- In a large fry pan over medium – high heat, add the oil and fry the grated potato, onion and garlic until the potato starts to get golden and a little crispy. Remove from fry pan and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add the diced bacon to the pan and fry until bacon is cooked. Add to bowl with potato.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs and cream until well beaten.
- Add the eggs and cream, cheese and spinach to the bowl with potato and bacon. Mix well and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Pour in to a large greased casserole tray and bake for 45 – 50 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown on top.